Applied to the walls before painting, wall putty is a white cement-based fine powder that is created from a smooth mixture. It is applied before the final coating as it increases the life of the paint. It is just a base coat for paint and can be used on dry as well as wet walls, along with the interior as well as exterior wall finishing. Used for care and finer finishing of the walls, wall putty is in high demand. But first, the wall should be waterproofed using waterproof cement. There are a number of brands providing wall putty in the market.
A cement-like substance, wall putty’s major function is evening out and leveling the surface for further coats of paint. It fills minor pores and cracks, and removes undulation on the wall, if any. It provides a protective smooth base for the application of paint. Filling the cracks and patches on the wall, wall putty also acts as a filler. Any type of color can be applied to the walls after that. Putty is available in various colors and consistency, and it can be easily used on the exterior as well as interior surfaces, old or new.
Advantages of premium interior & exterior wall putty
A brilliant bonding is created by the wall putty to the base concrete or plastered surfaces. Its application on exterior or interior walls results in the creation of a smooth undulation-free surface for a lovely paint finish. Some of its benefits are as follows:
- Wall putty is resistant to moisture.
- It provides a smoother finish.
- It has a multi-purpose application.
- It doesn’t flake or get easily damaged.
- It enhances the lifespan of the wall paint.
- Wall putty increases the tensile strength of the wall.
- It prevents unwanted flaking of costly paint coats and doesn’t get damaged.
- Putty is a cost-effective way to reduce the consumption of paints on the walls.
- By providing a glossy, smooth, and impressive finish to the walls, wall putty brings out the actual shade of the paint.
Different types of wall putties
White cement wall putty and acrylic wall putty are the two types of wall putties available on the market.
- White cement wall putty
Made up of white cement, added polymers, and minerals, white cement wall putty is used for interior as well as exterior applications. It has excellent binding traits as it is white cement-based. It comes in glossy and smooth finishings, and gives a white coating, bright, smooth, and superior finishing on the wall surface.
- Low maintenance
- Excellent abrasion resistant
- Excellent adhesion strength
- Excellent finish and paint effects
- Well-suited for all types of paints
- Resists growth of algae and fungi on wall
- Less paint is required because of its low absorption
2. Acrylic wall putty
It is an acrylic and water-based solution that is suitable for interior walls only. Its binding quality is inferior to white cement alternatives.
- Dries fast
- Ready to use
- Gives a smooth finish
- Suitable for all kinds of paints
- Has a better alkali resistance
- Protects from external elements
If you are looking for premium interior and exterior wall putty for your house, then Sirca Paints is a great choice for you. It is engaged in offering all kinds of paints and textures. For instance, its wall putty is perfect for dry or moderately humid climatic conditions. It can be easily applied and promises a durable performance regardless of any surface. It also prevents your walls to deteriorate during the rainy season along with enhancing their appeal as well. The best thing is that all the offered products are pocket-friendly.